Friday, April 28, 2006

'It is calling me back to my home'*

Hello, folks!

I mistook about the championship schedules, sorry! The right days are saturday and sunday. on wednesdays there are matches from Libertadores Cup and Brazil's Cup...

So, let's talk about... Something!

Today I arrived from Poços de Caldas. It was a very tiresome because yesterday I had to walk around the whole city helping my father with bureaucracy... Colect signs, get some documents, talk to the lawyer... And the "best" thing is that city is full of hills, so you can wonder how many climbs and downs I had to face. hahaha
The good thing is we had great meals, I always get impressed about the prices. Poços de Caldas is one of the cities you can eat A LOT (believe me, it is REALLY a lot) and spend just about US$ 6 (including cheap drinks like soda or water).

When I got back to São Paulo, a few hours ago, I became very disappointed because Reona's post card hadn't arrived yet! I'm angry with the post office services! A letter takes 8 days! Unbelievable... Anyway, I still look foward to it.

Reona:
No, Figueirense got 4 points because he won just one game (3 points) and drawed the other one (1 point). But I'm sorry, that was my mistake. From now on, I'll put the number of points, victories, draws and losses, just like a classification table must be! ;)
And I told my father what you said. At first, he looked at me and didn't understand anything (because I don't speak japanese - hahaha). But then he answered 'hai. ken-chan, doumo arigatou gozarimasu desu!'
And you, please, take care, take a nice rest on the Golden Week!! I wish you get better soon!!!!!

PORTUGUESE LESSON TIME!!!!
Today I'll teach you how to say goodbye. Or the way brazilian people say goodbye.
When we want to say goodbye either personally or on a letter we use:
- 'um abraço' when the other person is a man or when it is a formal comunication; and
- 'um beijo' when who says it is a woman
or the other person is a woman (so a man can say 'um beijo' as long as the other person is a woman)

'Um abraço' means 'a hug'. 'Um beijo' is more complicated... How can I explain that? 'Um beijo' means 'a kiss', BUT WAIT!!! It is NOT that Hollywoodian type of kiss. Here in Brazil we greet women with a little kiss on their cheek. Just that. Well, I hope the foreign women don't get offended... :D

*it is a quote from a Dream Theater's song called 'Home'