Monday, May 29, 2006

8th. ROUND OF... WHO CARES? 10 DAYS LEFT TO THE WORLD CUP!

Hi, folks!

Back to our normal programming, we had this weekend the 8th round of Brazilian Championship:

FIRST HALF
27/05/06 - Atlético Paranaense 1 x 0 Juventude
Juventude was prejudiced by the referee. Unfair result.

27/05/06 - Ponte Preta 2 x 5 Paraná
Ponte Preta is a strong candidate to get into the 2nd division. How could it lose at its home for this score????

27/05/06 - Figueirense 0 x 0 Fortaleza
...

28/05/06 - Internacional 1 x 1 Cruzeiro
Two strong teams, a very tough game for both of them. Any result would be fair.

28/05/06 - Santos 2 x 0 Corinthians
Corinthians had a horrible team afterall its stars are all in the World Cup. But it doesn't matter. It lost and I'm happy! hahaha

28/05/06 - Santa Cruz 1 x 1 Botafogo
And Botafogo starts to show how good it really is...

28/05/06 - Fluminense 1 x 0 Flamengo
This match is famous around the whole Brazil. It has even a nickname: FlaFlu.
The greatest teams from Rio de Janeiro state. With this victory, Fluminense is the leader. For now.

28/05/06 - Goiás 2 x 1 São Caetano
Goiás, although had its coach sold to Corinthians, keeps the good work.

28/05/06 - Palmeiras 0 x 1 Grêmio
And Palmeiras has lost another one............. I don't know what happens... It has to be the awful management!

28/05/06 - Vasco 1 x 1 São Paulo
And São Paulo, as it has always been, can't defeat Vasco in Rio de Janeiro (Vasco's home)... Unexplainable because São Paulo has a team much better than Vasco's... Anyway, it has lost the opportunity to be in the 2nd place.

And the classification is:
P W D L
1st Fluminense 19 6 1 1
2nd Cruzeiro 17 5 2 1
3rd Santos 17 5 2 1
4th Internacional 17 5 2 1
5th São Paulo 16 5 1 2
6th Goiás 14 4 2 2
7th Juventude 13 4 1 3
8th Figueirense 12 3 3 2
9th Grêmio 11 3 2 3
10th Atlético Paranaense 9 3 0 5
11th Corinthians 9 3 0 5
12th São Caetano 9 3 0 5
13th Paraná 9 2 3 3
14th Botafogo 9 2 3 3
15th Fortaleza 9 2 3 3
16th Vasco 9 2 3 3
17th Flamengo 8 2 2 4
18th Ponte Preta 8 2 2 4
19th Palmeiras 4 1 1 6
20th Santa Cruz 3 0 3 5

SECOND HALF
What a terrible news. Today my little brother's World Cup sticker album was stolen. Inside his school, unbelivable!!!!! We bought lots of stickers and half of the album was already complete.
At least there are some leftover stickers and we got another album. It is cool to buy, exchange and glue them! I hope until the end of the World Cup we are able to complete it!



OVERTIME
Reona (20/05): Next year we'll have another "Virada Cultural"! I promise I'll invite you, ok? ;)

Reona (21/05): Yes, the barbecue was great! Beautiful landscapes, great companions, many vegetable plants! And as far as I know Mr Milton doesn't make cheese (he prefers to buy it)... And summer is the best season for nasubi? I didn't know that! Here in Brazil we buy all the year and I can't feel any difference... Do you like nasubi tempura? I love it!

Reona (22/05): Thank you for worrying about us. And I'm sorry too! Now, because of the cellphones, 6 cities which have jails have no sign - the antennas were turned off. What a shame!

Reona (25/05): Yeah, I guess now the japanese people will know how hard it was for us when the World Cup was in Japan/Korea! hahahaha You must know it is funny to discuss about soccer at the breakfast!

Reona (26/05): Thank you for all these comments!!! I feel lucky that I know a person who spends time doing such wonderful things to send me!!!! And if my letters were good, that's because I thought of you while doing them.

PORTUGUESE LESSON TIME!
Today I'll teach the weekdays! We usually don't say the 'feira' part in order to abreviate. The dash doesn't mean anything on the spelling, ok?

sunday = domingo
monday = segunda-feira
tuesday = terça-feira
wednesday = quarta-feira
thursday = quinta-feira (we spell like /kinta/)
friday = sexta-feira
saturday = sábado

END OF GAME (the referee whistles)
See you tomorrow!