Wednesday, May 31, 2006

ONLY FRIENDLY



Translation:
'if the guy who invented the goal bars drank Skol, they wouldn't be like this. they would be like this:'
FYI: Brazil and Argentina don't like each other



Hello, folks!


Well, today we had lots of friendly games in order to training the teams for the World Cup!

For me 3 of them were special:

1) Colombia vs. Poland
The score was 1-1 but I haven't watched the game (it must have been horrible because Colombia had a good team only in the 90 decade and Poland, well, even today the only thing I can remember is a poland woman who appeared in 2002. She was pretty! hahaha).
But I think this game was special because the colombian goalkeeper has scored!!! The goal was something so strange and funny!! Look at by yourselves. Colombian goalkeeper's goal

2) Japan vs. Germany
I watched this one. And I'm pleased about Japan's team!!!! You might say 'but the score was 2-0 to Japan and then Germany withdrew!' Yes, it's right. But everybody saw that Japan played much better than Germany.
The only problem is the aerial balls, japanese players still don't know where to stay. But Zico is a good coach and with a few more training sessions, he will fix it!

3) Brazil vs. Lucerna (WHO??? hahaha)
The score was 8-0 to Brazil. I honestly don't know what to say, because they what they had to do: winning with a large advantage.
The coach, Mr. Carlos Alberto Parreira is afraid of losing an important player because of one injury, so these friendly games are usefull to the players know a little more about how to play together. Just that.

Reona: Thank you for the comment! Yeah, it was a pity my little brother's sticker album was stolen... But we are trying to make a new one. And I can understand how the japanese are, without their best players! hahaha But it is for a good reason, right?

BRAZILIAN CULTURE AND NATURE TOPIC
It's been a long time, huh?
Well, today I will talk about a city called Holambra, here in Sao Paulo state.


The curious thing here in Brazil is that foreigner communities found a city in order to keep their traditions. And with Netherland's people it is not different! In Holambra we can find typical Netherland buildings and people:



And being the flower culture one of the turistic points, the most interesting event is Expoflora, an exposition of flowers they cultivate and Netherland's culture, like its dance! It is really gorgeous:




It is nice to check out the other pictures on the link.

By the way, in portuguese Netherland (or Holand) is known as "Holanda" so the name "Holambra" is a mix between "Holanda" and "Brazil".

Hopy you enjoyed it! See you!!!