Sunday, April 30, 2006

Image &... Action!

Hi, folks!

How are you today?

FIRST HALF
We had one more Brazilian soccer Championship round! And the results, well, it surprised me a lot!

29/04/06 - Fortaleza 2 x 1 São Caetano
Easy guys, there is an explanation for this result. The game was in Fortaleza's home. The trip to there is tiresome, the weather is HOT, so it is common even for great teams lose for Fortaleza.

29/04/06 - Botafogo 0 x 4 Atlético Paranaense
And now it seems Atlético Paranaense woke up!

29/04/06 - São Paulo 4 x 0 Santa Cruz
Pretty good score for São Paulo. But Santa Cruz is awful so it is not the ideal opponent to measure how able São Paulo is to win the championship.

30/04/06 - Palmeiras 1 x 2 Santos
...
...
And Palmeiras is going doooooooooown... Emerson Leão was fired, the nowadays coach is not good, the team doesn't have good players... Well, good for Santos.

30/04/06 - Paraná 5 x 2 Grêmio
I can't believe... Grêmio is not that bad, it must have felt the fact of playing in Paraná's home. Or I'm wrong and the team isn't as good as I think it is...

30/04/06 - Ponte Preta 3 x 2 Corinthians
hahahaha oh how I'm happy!

30/04/06 - Internacional 1 x 0 Flamengo
Flamengo starts to show its real situation.

30/04/06 - Vasco 1 x 1 Fluminense
Normal result. Two equal teams.

30/04/06 - Juventude 1 x 1 Goiás
I couldn't understand this one... Goiás is better than Juventude... I think the last Goiás' loss on Libertadores Cup must have interfered.

30/04/06 - Figueirense 0 x 2 Cruzeiro
Didn't I tell you Figueirense isn't a big deal?

The classification table: (after 3 rounds)
Team Points Wins Draws Losses
1st Santos 7 2 1 0
2nd Fluminense 7 2 1 0
3rd Internacional 7 2 1 0
4th São Paulo 6 2 0 1
5th Cruzeiro 6 2 0 1
6th Ponte Preta 6 2 0 1
7th Fortaleza 6 2 0 1
8th Vasco 5 1 2 0
9th Figueirense 4 1 1 1
10th Paraná 4 1 1 1
11th Juventude 4 1 1 1
12th Botafogo 4 1 1 1
13th Atlético Paranaense 3 1 0 2
14th Corinthians 3 1 0 2
15th Flamengo 3 1 0 2
16th Grêmio 3 1 0 2
17th São Caetano 3 1 0 2
18th Goiás 2 0 2 1
19th Santa Cruz 1 0 1 2
20th Palmeiras 0 0 0 3


SECOND HALF
Yesterday my friends and I had an excellent barbecue!!! Although the food was delicious, the main event was a game called 'Imagem & Ação' (that means 'Images & Action'). It works like this: one person chooses a category (it may be famous people, objects, tv programs or even an action) and then the funniest part: he or she has to pantomine to all the others in order to make them guess what he/she is trying to say.
I say it is funny because there are some things we have to use the creativity a lot! For example: how would you pantomine about the word 'turkey'? hahaha

And today I had an examination to a public job. It was pretty hard, but one thing got my complete attention: they put a Mahatma Ghandi's text. It is a story about a scholar that asked his pupils why people yell at each other. And he listened many answers like 'we yell because we are angry about something' or 'we yell in order to make the other person listen to what we say'. But his conclusion was different and wiser than the other ones. The scholar said 'no, you yell to each other just because your hearts are distant. You may notice that when we are in love with someone, we don't yell because our hearts are close. Sometimes, when this love is even stronger, we just whisper and sometimes only a glance is enough'.
Beautiful, huh?

OVERTIME
Magic Nat (or shall I say Mrs. Yukida? hahaha): Thank you for the comment and the compliment! Yes, the food in Poços de Caldas is cheap, very cheap! And the most part of them are delicious because they are home made. 'Live long to Figueirense'? Are you as crazy as Reona?? hahahaha (Reona, I'm kiddin'!)

Juliane: Thank you for the comment! Yes, I'm posting in English because, well, I've done this blog in order to be just an entertainment for the people (all over ther world). Do you remember the chats we had while we were having our snack on the college? Since I don't have all of you to discuss about it, this blog was done for that. Sorry about my english grammar mistakes, ok? I hope you are enjoying Canada!
... And about your Beetle, have you already fill in all the cupons? hahaha

PORTUGUESE LESSON TIME!!!
Foreigners may strange what this character is: ç.
Its spelling is quite easy! It sounds like 's' on 'siemens' (no, it's not a sponsor! :D). But its name is the biggest problem for foreign people... It is called 'cedilha'. But the 'lh' lesson I will teach tomorrow, ok? You'll have fun!

END OF GAME
The referee whiltles! See you next time!