Working Man?
Today is the international day of work.
Here in Brazil lots of people commemorated (1.5 million) making a great party at the Paulista Avenue. There were some popular concerts for free. The only problem was the organization! I don't think prefecture knew that even on a holiday, many people have to work. The office of a radio station that I listen is at Paulista Avenue and all the employees was complaining about this party! Honestly, I agree with them, because there are so many other places in Sao Paulo better than that in order to do a party like this! This year is an election one, so every politician is trying to do merchandising.
Anyway, let's talk about good things! I've read an interview with Mr. Mauricio de Sousa, the creator of Monica's Gang and he said he refuses the 3-D technology! Since I was a kid, I've read Monica's Gang's comics, it's different from Batman, Superman or even from japanese manga. The stories are simple, short and funny! And there is another character, called Horacio, who is a philosopher dinosaur! Here is a Monica's and Horacio's picture:


BRAZILIAN CULTURE AND NATURE TOPIC
Today Reona has suggested I create this topic in order to the foreigner people may know a little bit more about my country, since there is a lack of better informations.
So here it is! I'll start from an easy place to talk about: Sao Paulo, my hometown.
This the Brazil's richest city! It's kind of our New York city. Chaotic, with lots of buildings and it NEVER stops! And since I mentioned the Paulista Avenue, here is a picture of it:
Paulista Avenue was created by the coffee farmers, who were very rich and didn't want a crowded place to live, so, in order to make a modern place, they ordered a mix between classical and modern architecture. And in the '50 years the brazilian economics made the neighborhood become a business center because the access was pretty easy from any other places and the downtown was already occupied. But the modern philosophy of development didn't stop and even nowadays there are modern buildings being built with the latest technology.Reona: thank you for the comment! Yes, Santos is the top. It was the champion here in Sao Paulo and now it has to demonstrate to Brazil that it is a great team! About the game 'Image & Action', I hope someday we are able to play it, you'd have a lot of fun since you know how valuable creativity is (i will post some pics on my photolog soon)! And the text, well, it made my eyes full of tears because it is really a beautiful lesson.
Just one last thing: today it's been 12 years since Ayrton Senna's fatal accident. All the brazilian fans miss you, man! Rest in peace!


<< Home