Wednesday, August 02, 2006

THE DWARF'S CHOICE

Hi!


Ok, it's been a long time, you may think I forgot to post about Brazil's coach Dunga.
Even Reona has posted about him.

No, I didn't forget. I just wanted to wait a little bit because it is a very strange situation... At first I thought Dunga was called only for the friendly game against Norway. But the news say points to his permanence. So now I will post my opinion.

First of all, Dunga is the portuguese name of one of the Snow White's seven dwarves (that's why I put the first image). I don't know why they nicknamed the player (now coach) as Dunga. Because the dwarf is extremely sweet, comprehensive, easy. And the player has endurance, leadership, perseverance, integrity.


I admire Dunga. He is the kind of player Brazil's team needs. A guy who fights until the end.
Everybody is saying he will charge the will of victories on the team.
But... On the other hand, he has never been a coach. I don't know what to expect from him. Only leadership and courage can't win many championships... The players might respect him a lot, but if he doesn't give the correct orders, the team will be mess up!

His career history is:

Internacional (1983-1984),
Corinthians (1984-1985) (YUK!!),
Santos (1986),
Pisa (Italy) (1987-1988),
Vasco (1987),
Fiorentina (Italia) (1988-1992),
Pescara (Italia) (1992-1993),
Stuttgart (Germany) (1993-1995),
Jubilo Iwata (Japan) (1995-1998)
Internacional (1999-2000).

His history on Brazil's official team is:
96 matches
66 victories
21 withdraws
9 losses
7 goals scored

And today he announced the players for the friendly game. Here they are (the words on brackets are the players' teams and countries, ok?):

GOAL KEEPER
Fábio (Cruzeiro - Brazil)
Gomes (PSV Eindhoven- Netherland)

SIDE FIELD
Cicinho* (Real Madrid - Spain)
Maicon (Internazzionale - Italy)
Marcelo (Fluminense - Brazil)
Gilberto* (Hertha Berlim - Germany)

DEFENSE
Alex (PSV Eindhoven - Netherland)
Edmílson* (Barcelona - Spain)
Juan* (Bayer Leverkussen - Germany)
Lúcio* (Bayern Munich - Germany)
Luisão* (Benfica - Portugal)

MID-FIELD
Dudu Cearense (CSKA - Russia)
Gilberto Silva* (Arsenal - England)
Jônatas (Flamengo - Brazil)
Wagner (Cruzeiro - Brazil)
Elano (Shakhtar - Ukraine)
Morais (Vasco - Brazil)
Júlio Baptista (Real Madrid - Spain)
Daniel Carvalho (CSKA - Russia)

FOWARD
Fred* (Lyon - France)
Robinho* (Real Madrid - Spain)
Vágner Love (CSKA - Russia)

*the player was on 2006 World Cup

Let's wait until August 16th to watch the game... Many players are young and indicate a renewal process.

By the way, I almost forgot!!! Today Robinho and Gravensen fought on the training session of Real Madrid! When I read the news, I could not believe, but then I saw the pictures! In two years I NEVER saw Robinho mad at anybody... Yes, just like I said yesterday, the world is going insane!



Ipshi: Thank you for the comment! Welcome to my blog! Well, you are absolutely right, it was a terrible experience. But the thing is we have matches between two teams from the same state (what not happens on NBA, for example), and the rivalry on these cases are very strong. So people start to think it is kind of a war... Sunday, on Internacional vs. Gremio match, Gremio's supporters set fire on public restrooms and, of course, they fought against Internacional's supporters. You may ask about police, but it is difficult... How to deal with over 30.000 people fighting?