Thursday, May 04, 2006

Vote for... Party on?

Hi, folks!
How are you?

Today was the last day for electoral recruitment.
There were long queues at the door of the official sections. Because it's through our re
cruitment we have our electoral license and then we are able to vote for someone. As a real citizen does!

Brazil's election system was very praised by lots of countries because it was one of the pioneers making a total electronic controlled election. So we know the results of 180 million people's votes in only one day. And it's mistakes proof - if USA used this system, i doubt Mr. Bush would have been elected.

Here is the voting machine we use:
BRAZILIAN CULTURE AND NATURE TOPIC
Well, I'll continue on my explanation about the brazilian carnival.

Today I'll show you another traditional party on northern states. The biggest and the most traditional party happens in Bahia state. It has a beautiful shore but this subject I'll talk about later.

The carnival party in Bahia is quite different from Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro ones. Instead of having a march on a special place, it happens on a street. There are some trucks (each one called 'trio-elétrico) along the big street or avenue with a band on their top playing axé (a very cheered music style).








Two famous bands which plays on them are Chiclete com Banana (that means Bublle gum with Banana) and the singer Ivete Sangalo (but there are another ones):




























But don't think it's for free. Bahia people know how to get profit with this event! Do you remeber I said there are not only one truck but some of them? Well, each truck commands what we call 'bloco', which is a certain group of people. So one truck works like a shepherd with its group following it! And to someone belong to a 'bloco', he or she has to pay for it. The ticket? It is a vest we call 'abadá':


If you liked, there are some other pictures here, and some videos here about this great full-time party! Enjoy!

Reona: Yes, my little brother and I enjoy playing videogame. Mainly the Pokémon ones. No, i didn't get the post card yet because Brazil's postal services for international use are awful. Anyway, thank you for sending it I can't barely wait! And thank you for the link too, Asakusa party seems to be very beautiful, I hope you enjoy it this year and may you post it soon! Thank you for the comment!