Zombies + Samba = Michael Jackson's Thriller?
Hi, folks!
How are you?
Now I'm unemployed I'm playing Forbidden Siren, a game for PlayStation2. It is pretty scary, but my little brother and I enjoy a lot. There are many situations where the shibito zombies sneak up on us!
BRAZILIAN CULTURE AND NATURE TOPIC
In celebration of Reona's post card which arrived today, I'm going to tell you about some things about brazilian carnival party!
This party begins usually on the second or third week of February because the date is based on catholic holidays. There are many ways to make this party, each one different from one to another, depending on the brazilian region and state it is going on.
Today I'll tell you about carnival in Rio de Janeiro (the most famous) and in Sao Paulo (which is very similar to the Rio's).


Here is a home made video too.
All this party has a special place called 'Sambódromo' (it is like 'place of samba'), where there are these marchs.
In Rio we have the 'Praça da Apoteose'As you can see, on both ones there is a passage in order to allow the march of the Samba Schools.
Actually it is not even a school, it is like a team or organization because they compete to each other, trying to get the highest grades. And this evolves a lot of aspects of evaluation:
-the fluency of the march,
-the theme chosen to be sung about,
-the lyrics,
-the costumes and
-something we call 'mestre-sala' and 'porta-bandeira', which are a couple that represents each section of the School.
By the way, there is a curious fact about Sao Paulo's 2006 Carnival Party Edition. The now 2-time champion school Império da Casa Verde had as one of the 'mestre-sala' a japanese guy! No, it's not a descendant, he is REALLY japanese! Tsubasa Miyoshi, who comes from Tokyo, said he practiced a lot on the Asakusa carnival parties before, so he decided to come and try the championship in the samba's original place. And he did! Great guy you are Miyoshi-san!
Reona: I thank you for the suggestion and I'm glad you liked what I did! I hope I can improve this blog even more because I want you to have fun with it! And yes, Paulista Avenue was created by the coffee farmers, because they were the richest people at that time. Today it is a nice avenue, you can find all kind of people there: students, artists, executive people, VIP, beggars, ... And I don't think Sao Paulo is bigger than Tokyo... Well, I hope to be able to answer that when you visit me or when I visit you! Thank you for the link. But I didn't understand anything... :D
Mrs. Yukida: Thank you for the comment! Yes, soap operas made in Mexico are terrible... And about men kiss other men, well, who knows... hahaha
Actually it is not even a school, it is like a team or organization because they compete to each other, trying to get the highest grades. And this evolves a lot of aspects of evaluation:
-the fluency of the march,
-the theme chosen to be sung about,
-the lyrics,
-the costumes and
-something we call 'mestre-sala' and 'porta-bandeira', which are a couple that represents each section of the School.
By the way, there is a curious fact about Sao Paulo's 2006 Carnival Party Edition. The now 2-time champion school Império da Casa Verde had as one of the 'mestre-sala' a japanese guy! No, it's not a descendant, he is REALLY japanese! Tsubasa Miyoshi, who comes from Tokyo, said he practiced a lot on the Asakusa carnival parties before, so he decided to come and try the championship in the samba's original place. And he did! Great guy you are Miyoshi-san!
Reona: I thank you for the suggestion and I'm glad you liked what I did! I hope I can improve this blog even more because I want you to have fun with it! And yes, Paulista Avenue was created by the coffee farmers, because they were the richest people at that time. Today it is a nice avenue, you can find all kind of people there: students, artists, executive people, VIP, beggars, ... And I don't think Sao Paulo is bigger than Tokyo... Well, I hope to be able to answer that when you visit me or when I visit you! Thank you for the link. But I didn't understand anything... :D
Mrs. Yukida: Thank you for the comment! Yes, soap operas made in Mexico are terrible... And about men kiss other men, well, who knows... hahaha



<< Home