Soccer rhymes with green and yellow colors
Hi, folks!!
As you all must know this year is special because there is a soccer World Cup. The whole world stops to feel 90 minutes of pure adrenaline during a game. It's the glory or the humilliation. And I'm not talking just about wins and losses.
For example, on the last world cup, korea got the 3rd place. Even being defeated by Turkey, it was a glory because it won at its home. On the other hand, the Argentina's 1986 title was clearly mistaken because Maradona touched his hand on the ball intending to do it. Argentina won, but in a humiliating way.
I feel very excited when I watch nowadays advertisings about it! There is one on my stickers album which says "194 nations. 847 matches. 2.464 goals. 1 ball".
And there is also one that says: "one nation, one passion"
I look foward to it! 35 days.
BRAZILIAN CULTURE AND NATURE TOPIC
Do you know Brazil's flag? Honestly, I think it has one of the most beautiful draws and meanings.
Ok, ok, you are probably thinking "you are saying that because you're brazilian!", but I can explain.
Here it is:

First of all, I think its draws are beautiful because is the only flag I know that uses more than 2 geometric forms (rectangle, losangle and a circle).
And about the meaning:
-The green means our great fields and forests.
-The yellow means our ground full of mineral wealth (and being gold the most noble of them, yellow is the color)
-The blue means our wide sky.
-And the stars mean each one of our states (yes, i know this idea was copied from USA)
-In the middle of it there is a strip in which is written a positivist theme "order and progress". Although I don't agree with that, it is respectful.
There is also an anthem to the flag. Since its lyrics are very hard to translate, here is just the chorus (or something like that):
"May you accept the kindness
That lies inside our young hearts,
Dear symbol of the ground
Of the beloved Brazil's ground!"
Reona: Thank you for the comment and the compliment!! I think this system is a great evolution for quick election results. And yes, I know this paper-and-pen system, we used here for years. But, since there are 180 million people here, it was a difficult process... The only problem here is our illiterate people (or almost)... They hardly understand which buttons to press... Very sad. Anyway, are you expecting to use the net for voting??? That'd be really amazing!!!!! I think Japan can make it easily.


<< Home