ARRAIÁ!!!!!!!
Hello, folks!!!
Here I am, getting better of my flu. Thanks to many medicines (and support from some people), now I am able to write a little longer post.
Since it has been a long time I don't post anything about brazilian culture, I'm going to talk about a party we celebrate in June. It is called Festa Junina (it means 'Party of June').




Basically it is a catholic party because it is a tribute to Saint Antoine, Saint Peter and Saint Paul and the main theme is always the marriage, which reminds those fertility rituals we find in some other cultures.
Well, actually nowadays it has lost this meaning so it is organized only by schools. But one nice thing remains: we find lots of delicious foods!! Like:
-apple of love

-corn powder (called 'fubá') cake

-popcorn!!!
-and pumpkin candy (believe me, this thing is delicious!!!)

WORLD CUP TOPIC
ECUADOR vs. COSTA RICA (3-0)
What a pity for the brazilian coach Alexandre Guimarães... Costa Rica leaves the World Cup. Well, honestly, other than Wanchope, there is nobody else... I hope at least they can score some more goals.
And Ecuador shows it can fight for the first position on group A! Its game against Germany will tell us if it is really a good team. It has been so far... Watch out, Germany!!!!
And Ecuador shows it can fight for the first position on group A! Its game against Germany will tell us if it is really a good team. It has been so far... Watch out, Germany!!!!
ENGLAND vs. TRINIDAD & TOBAGO (2-0)
Sorry, the first half was terrible... It seems to me that England is a very lazy team. I hope that with Rooney's return the whole team cheer up. Peter Crouch, this guy is a good foward man, a striker. But he sometimes should have know that his precision on kicks is not so good...


About T&T, I guess the team has the 'withdraw' spirit because, well, you'll see on the tactic scheme I noticed.


About T&T, I guess the team has the 'withdraw' spirit because, well, you'll see on the tactic scheme I noticed.


SWEDEN vs PARAGUAY (1-0)
First half: zzzzzzz... zzzzzzzzzz....
Second half until 40 minutes: zzzzzzzzz... zzzzzzz...
Second half after 40 minutes: GOAL!!!!!!!!! zzzzzzz.... zzzzzzz...
I'm sure Sweden went to the World Cup to play just 4 games. It is not possible score only one goal in two piece-of-cake games!!!!
Second half until 40 minutes: zzzzzzzzz... zzzzzzz...
Second half after 40 minutes: GOAL!!!!!!!!! zzzzzzz.... zzzzzzz...
I'm sure Sweden went to the World Cup to play just 4 games. It is not possible score only one goal in two piece-of-cake games!!!!
Yes, I don't know if you realized but I'm very angry with these teams.
Reona: Thank you for the comment!!! I took a rest as you said and now I'm sure I got quite better, thanks to your support!!!
Yes, Spain is a strong team, the last two World Cups it has lost because of the referee. Let's see if now Spain can show all it has learnt with brazilian players. Ukraine, what a pity, has an excellent striker, but that's all...
About the questions, you're welcome, anything you want to know, I try to answer!
Good luck on your quest to find a t-shirt like this! Probably there are many greedy brazilian people selling it around there. hahaha


<< Home