FEW GOALS. BUT MUCH JOY
Hi, folks!!!!!
Well, now we are in World Cup season, today I want to tell you a joke.
Once upon a time two great friends who were very very big fans of soccer made a promise to each other: when any of them died, his spirit would tell the other one if there is soccer on heaven.
Someday one died and 10 days later, his spirit came down to Earth and spoke to the still alive friend:
- Hi, my friend! As we promised to each other, here I am to tell you if there is soccer on heaven. And I bring you one good and one bad news.
- Really? Gimme the good one first, please!
- The good news is yes, there is soccer on heaven. We play every week!
- And the bad news?
- Well, you were chosen for playing the saturday's match...
Ok, I know, I know, let's talk about more serious things.
WORLD CUP TOPIC
Today I was able to watch all the games! And I chose Serbia & Montenegro vs. Netherlands to
analyze, ok?
1st. ROUND OF GROUP C (second day)
SERBIA & MONTENEGRO vs. NETHERLANDS (0-1)
Very good game!! Everybody was expecting how S&M team would behave and how Netherlands would come back after not participating of the last World Cup edition.
S&M's team I honestly didn't know, but I had heard that it plays very likely Croatia, so I should
respect it. Well, I don't think it is a bad one, but it is not as good as I expected. Let's wait until the match with Argentina. The tactic scheme was the usual 4-4-2. The side men attacked or played with the foward men. Like this:


What a good surprise seeing that Netherlands is still the always offensive team I know!
Beting on a young team Netherlands' coach Marco van Bastan (also an EXCELLENT player in the past), was able to organize the team with a 4-3-3 scheme. Cocu, Van Bronckhorst and Sneijder always looked for Van Persie or Robben. And these had two options: attack or look for the striker Van Nistelrooy. Like this:


But the foward Robben really impressed me. Of course sometimes he kept the ball for a very long time, but oftenly he attacked for the left side and later for the right side. Very good player!
S&M's team I honestly didn't know, but I had heard that it plays very likely Croatia, so I should
respect it. Well, I don't think it is a bad one, but it is not as good as I expected. Let's wait until the match with Argentina. The tactic scheme was the usual 4-4-2. The side men attacked or played with the foward men. Like this:


What a good surprise seeing that Netherlands is still the always offensive team I know!
Beting on a young team Netherlands' coach Marco van Bastan (also an EXCELLENT player in the past), was able to organize the team with a 4-3-3 scheme. Cocu, Van Bronckhorst and Sneijder always looked for Van Persie or Robben. And these had two options: attack or look for the striker Van Nistelrooy. Like this:


But the foward Robben really impressed me. Of course sometimes he kept the ball for a very long time, but oftenly he attacked for the left side and later for the right side. Very good player!
1st. ROUND OF GROUP D (first day)
MEXICO vs. IRAN (3-1)
I didn't understand why the hell Mexico let Iran score one goal.................. If they didn't allow, I would have make right my bet and I'd have more points than Reona!!!! hahaha
Anyway, it was a normal result, because Iran is a very naiive team, it is not organized (sometimes I counted 5 or 6 players on penalty area attacking and right after they try to score, everybody ran back to defense).
And Rafael Marquez proved one more time why he plays on Barcelona's defense!
Anyway, it was a normal result, because Iran is a very naiive team, it is not organized (sometimes I counted 5 or 6 players on penalty area attacking and right after they try to score, everybody ran back to defense).
And Rafael Marquez proved one more time why he plays on Barcelona's defense!
ANGOLA vs. PORTUGAL (0-1)
A very expected game by brazilian people, after all, Portugal's coach is nothing less than Mr. Luis Felipe Scolari, ex-coach of Brazil's team and world champion in 2002. We cheer for him. A lot!
Well, I think Portugal has more to show than it played today... When Pauleta scored the goal, all the team didn't attack and the goal scorer Cristiano Ronaldo was on a bad day... On the defense, Mr. Scolari's teams usually don't have many troubles. I hope Figo keeps playing that well.
And Angola is... Well, sorry, but it is a bad team... I know, I know, if we take the statistics of the game, we'll see that Angola attacked a lot. But their tactic was run, run, run and kick. Just that...
Well, I think Portugal has more to show than it played today... When Pauleta scored the goal, all the team didn't attack and the goal scorer Cristiano Ronaldo was on a bad day... On the defense, Mr. Scolari's teams usually don't have many troubles. I hope Figo keeps playing that well.
And Angola is... Well, sorry, but it is a bad team... I know, I know, if we take the statistics of the game, we'll see that Angola attacked a lot. But their tactic was run, run, run and kick. Just that...
FULL TIME
Reona: thank you very much for the comment! Your bets were great too!!!! Congratulations for the Mexico vs. Iran result!!!! I'm glad you're enjoying watching the games and cheering for making right the results in order to... Make more points than me! hahaha


<< Home