Sunday, June 25, 2006

'DO IT AS YOU WERE WALKING'


Hi, everyone!

Today I started to watch Hayao Miyazaki's 'Howl's moving castle' (Hauru no ugoku shiro).
Unfortunately I stopped because I had to help my aunt to carry her stuff to her new home (I don't know what it is called in english. Sorry!). We left at 10am and arrived here at 8pm. Yes, I lost both matches of World Cup... So I listened the radio broadcasting, but it is not the same thing, I can pay attention to it only when there is a goal! hahaha

Well, tomorrow I post about the movie.

WORLD CUP TOPIC
My fellows, forget about Spain vs. Ukraine and other matches of the first stage... France's and Spain's groups are just ridiculous. So let's talk about the Round of 16 matches!!!!!

GERMANY vs. SWEDEN (2-0)
Wow, what a game!!! Not for Sweden because I knew that somehow it would lose, after all, Germany team is playing at its home, but the way it played was very nice!!!
I just didn't understand why Sweden played so opened to Germany's attacks... Kind of reckless attitude.
Anyway, Reona and I watched the game together and we both liked a lot of the offensive style of Germany team!!! I hope they keep doing that against Argentina!

ARGENTINA vs. MEXICO (2-1)
This match surprised me. And for the same reason as Germany did: not for the score, but the way Argentina played... It was a tough game, they needed the overtime to score the last goal... I can't understand why it was so suffered. Maybe the players thought they could score whenever they wanted.
Anyway, let's see how the team will behave before the home's owners.
And by the way, I think Maxi Rodrigues' goal is the most beautiful one of the World Cup! At least for now. (C'mon, Ronaldinho show them you can do better! hahaha)

ENGLAND vs. ECUADOR (1-0)
Well, as I told you before, I didn't watch the game, so i'm not able to tell my opinion.
Just one trivia: Beckham now is the first english player who scored one goal on three different World Cup editions.

NETHERLANDS vs. PORTUGAL (0-1)
This was one match I REALLY would like to have seen!!!! I cheer a lot for Mr. Luis Felipe Scolari! I'm happy he was able to manage the team in order to beat the pretty good team of Netherlands!!!
My friend Rubens told me that portuguese players suffered a lot to keep the result, everybody was nervous and the referee applied four red cards. And twelve (!!!) yellow cards. Yes, I couldn't believe either.
Now I'm expecting the match England vs. Portugal. If Portugal wins, it will be the third time Mr. Luis Felipe Scolari desclassifies England on a tournament (first was in 2002 on World Cup and second was in 2004 on Euro Cup). Go, 'Big Phil' (it is the way english nicknamed him)! hahaha

Reona: Thank you for the comment! And sorry for taking so long... I agree with you, Australia is very good now. But just because its coach is Mr. Hiddink. But on this last match, Croatia's situation was pretty difficult to get the classification, so I think they kind of gave up after Australia withdrew for the first time.
I'm glad you recognize Zico's job. I don't agree totally, I think Zico was very important to Japan (and to Brazil too) only as a player, not as a coach.
And CONGRATULATIONS for the results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think you should bet on the lottery because I'd be saying that you are just lucky. No, you have an excellent feeling for soccer!!!!!! I'm very glad you made right two results in-a-row! Well, not that much because now I'm losing... hahahaha Take care!