Saturday, June 17, 2006

SOCCER & ROCKER

Hi, folks!!!

Since we are on World Cup season, I'd like you to meet a TV show here in Brazil. It's called "Rock Gol" and it is broadcasted by Brazil's MTV. I really like it because many music artists join a soccer league. It's very fun to watch them play (specially because many of them are terrible!! hahaha). Besides, the narrators are two comedian players and they are used to make jokes about the musician's lack of ability.

WORLD CUP TOPIC

ARGENTINA vs. SERBIA & MONTENEGRO (6-0)
What an EXCELLENT game!!!! Argentina showed this team's wish to be champion!!! Tactically perfect, the players ran, kicked, fought for every play, ... Simply amazing!!! As it has been, attacking, Saviola and Riquelme organized all the plays and when the striker Crespo wasn't able to score, the two defense midfielders advanced to score. Very clever!!! And on defense, Mr. Jose Pekerman put the team to protect the goal from aerial plays, just that and it was enough!


About Serbia & Montenegro I don't know if it is true but I was told that the players are very discouraged because the division of the country. There is Serbia & Montenegro no more, now they are two different countries. Anyway, the team had a good defensive system, but they didn't expect that the Argentina's defensive midfilders could attack so easily. And after the 4th goal, everybody became lost.


NETHERLANDS vs. IVORY COAST (2-1)
Netherlands is a very offensive team, that's what I like about it. Van Persie and Robben are very good players and their function is as much as possible to throw the ball to Van Nistelrooy, an excellent striker. But today I stranged because Robben didn't play well. Against Serbia & Montenegro he showed much more will of victory. Maybe the Ivory Coast's defensive system have realized that... Fair result, after all, Ivory Coast attack is good. Not organized, but good.

ME
XICO vs. ANGOLA (0-0)

zzzzzzz... zzzzzzzz... Has Mexico entered on the field? And what the hell is Angola trying to do playing this way?!?!? I hate 0-0 result when the two teams SLEEP on the field!!!!

Reona: Thank you for the comment! Yes, there are some festivals here in Brazil, but sometimes they are not celebrated as it should have been. And did you like ringo ame?
Yes, I do this draws in order to translate what I write on the post. I hope you can understand them!


Mrs. Yukida: Long time no see!!!! Thank you for the comme
nt! Okay, okay, you are right, I forgot lots of things of Festa Junina... Here they are: (the 'quadrilha' dance and the fake marriage)