TODAY STARTS WINTER SEASON
Hi, everyone!!!
Well, I never thought someday I'd say something like this, but... I'm tired of watching so many soccer matches!!! hahaha
Just kiddin'. I'm complaining because sometimes it is difficult for me to notice the tactic schemes of both teams. Yes, I'm very lazy, so what? hahaha
Well, let's go!
WORLD CUP TOPIC
Ok, since I didn't post about yesterday's and June 19th matches, here they are (but just some of them, pleeeease):
ECUADOR vs. GERMANY (0-3)
Oh, how it was good to watch the Berlin's Stadium full of happy people!!!!!!! I like when the home team wins. The people make a very beautiful party!
About the game, Germany played well, but we must remember that Ecuador preserved 4 powerful players... Therefore Ecuador played only to get until the second stage.
SWEDEN vs. ENGLAND (2-2)
Very very funny game!!!!!
Although the teams withdrew, it was very exciting, because Sweden and England play very likely: only aerial plays. This time I want to show you:


Why was it fun? Well, because the players (other than Beckham) ran, ran, ran and threw aerial balls to the strikers use their heads. It's technically an awful game, but at the same time funny, the game is basically played on the air!!
I only sorry about Owen's injury... And Rooney, a true player doesn't do that kind of stupid thing: if the coach prefered to substitute you by Gerrard, you must accept it! After all, you didn't score even one goal... But he...
IVORY COAST vs. SERBIA & MONTENEGRO (3-2)
What a shame... S&M was winning with a 2-0 score and suddenly it slept and allowed Ivory Coast to score 3 goals................
Today I heard one thing that I agree with: if Ivory Coast were on ANY other group, it would be classified to second stage. For sure!!
PORTUGAL vs. MEXICO (2-1)
This match brought me lots of trivias about the teams:
- There are not only one, but two brazilian on Portugal's team: Mr. Scolari AND Deco. Deco played on Corinthians many years ago.
- Portugal's goalkeeper was supposed to be Vitor Baía, but Mr. Scolari bet on Ricardo since the Euro Cup in 2004. At the semifinals, against England, Ricardo was the savior: he defended one penalty kick and scored one goal (penalty kick too, of course)!
- By the way, before he defends, nobody knows why, he took off his gloves. Yes, he defended it with his naked hands.
- Mexico's coach Ricardo La Volpe smokes A LOT. When he was filmed with a cigarette into his mouth, FIFA "asked" him to stop smoking at least during the games. Otherwise he would be banished. Nice way to "ask" someone, isn't it? hahaha
- And a few days ago, jounalists saw him smoking behind Mexico team's bus. When he was asked about stop smoking, he threw water bottles on journalists! hahaha
- If you see some mexican people dressing a red clothe with a yellow heart on their chest written "CH" on it, they are making a tribute to Roberto Bolaños. He was a famous actor in 60s~70s decades because of two characters he created: Chavo and Chapolin. Their shows are still broadcasted on some tvs. Here in Brazil, for example! Here is a Chapolin's picture:

Anyway, this game made me happy for two reasons:
- Mr. Luis Felipe Scolari has been succesful on Portugal journey so far;
- Reona made right one more result! Congratulations!!!
NETHERLANDS vs. ARGENTINA (0-0)
One of the most expected game on this World Cup! Unfortunately the two teams were already classified for the second stage so the coaches decided to preserve many players. Argentina, for example, let out Crespo, Saviola and Burdisso. Netherlands let out Robben (as much as I can remember).
But even so the game was good! Just like England vs. Sweden, Netherlands and Argentina play very likely, they are both very offensive and are very fast teams!
Reona (Jun 18th): Yes, if you are talking about this tv program, yes, I've watched once.
It is called 'La Noche del Diez' ('The night of the ten' - in reference to the number 10) and once he interviewed and played a little game with nobody less than Pele.And yes, the concepts of comedy here and in Japan are different. Although we laugh at both, the way they write the joke is different. Thank you for the comment!!!
Reona (Jun 19th): Thank you for the compliment and support! Well, you didn't lose anything. Brazil won, but played very awfully. Even Mr. Carlos Alberto Parreira (Brazil's coach) was very angry about the team!!! And he is used to be a calm man.
And yes, the France vs. Korea result disappointed many people. Specially french people... This only proves how strong the home team can become playing at its country (remember 1998?).
Thank you for the comment, no I didn't abandon the blog! hahaha
Juliane: Long time no see! I agree with you about the game... Let's see if the things get better from the Round of 16... And no, you cannot say Kaka is cute!!!!!!!!!!! If you want say so, do it on YOUR blog!!! hahaha
Thank you for the comment, I miss you!!!!


<< Home